Come Build Dreams With Us!
Communications + Graphic Design Specialist
We are seeking a passionate self-starter to lead up graphic design projects at The Event Company and all internal + external communications. This individual will use their talents to not only create and manage all graphic design elements + content creation for our clients, but also for The Event Company. Candidate must be willing to work occasional evenings, weekends and has the ability to travel multi-days to capture behind-the-scenes content during events.
Duties May Include, But Not Limited To:
- Develop and design print + digital assets including event logo, flyers, invitations, website enhancements, and day-of-event elements
- Design social media graphics for not only event campaigns, but also year-round branding of the organization
- Develop communication plans to include content creation + implementation by scheduling through social media management software
- Ensure all communications are in alignment with client brand standards and messaging
- Establish metrics and gain feedback to measure the effectiveness and progress of event campaigns against objectives to ensure continued optimization throughout all social media channels
- Provide insights, training, and guidance on traditional media + social media best practices
- Work closely with Event Designers for all event graphic design needs + communication plans
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communications, or marketing required
- At least three years of professional graphic design experience and two years of social media management + communications experience
- Prior work in the hospitality + event industry is preferred, but not required
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud with an emphasis in the following: InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Creative and artistic in skillfully producing a variety of graphic artwork in several forms
- Excellent interpersonal verbal + written communications
- Social media savvy on platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, iTunes, and LinkedIn
- Certified in Google AdWords and Google Analytics
- Experience in using social media management software like Agorapulse, Hootsuite, etc.
- Knowledge and use of email marketing software like Mailchimp and Constant Contact
- Experience in video editing software like iMovie, Final Cut Pro X
- Strong proficiency in G Suite + MS Office + DropBox
- Experience in project management applications like Asana, Trello, and Basecamp (both web + mobile)
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask and manage various projects at once, all while meeting deadlines
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
- Self-starter with proven experience to prioritize and execute successful graphic designs campaigns
- Must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle driver’s license + automobile insurance
- Willingness to travel
This is a full-time position headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Competitive salary + benefits + incentives for new client acquisition.
To considered for this position, qualified #DreamBuilders should send their portfolio of graphic design and writing, resume, and cover letter to: Hello@TheEventCompanySD.com.