Strategic Communications Coordinator
Our team at The Event Company is seeking an experienced communicator that is passionate about events and making a difference. This role will be primarily responsible for telling our story through internal + external communications as well as our clients’ missions in preparation for and throughout their event campaign period. This individual will use their talents to create content communication plans as leading all creative copywriting efforts. Candidates must be willing to work occasional evenings, weekends and have the ability to travel multi-days to capture behind-the-scenes content during events as well as compile content for immediate distribution.
Duties May Include, But Not Limited To:
- Develop communication plans to include content creation + copywriting efforts + implementation by scheduling through social media management software
- Ensuring all communications are in alignment with internal + client brand standards and messaging
- Establish metrics and gain feedback to measure effectiveness and progress of event campaigns against objectives to ensure continued optimization throughout all social media channels
- Research, write and distribute all media advisories and press releases as well as coordinate efforts with local, statewide, national and international media outlets
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists and key media professionals
- Create content to post daily across social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok and other emerging social platforms
- Develop and maintain a consistent brand voice and tone, ensuring continuity in the social media space and beyond
- Write and manage content for a range of other deliverables such as company website, email blasts, infographics, blogs, and newsletters
- Report on weekly social media activities during team meetings
- Provide insights, training and guidance on traditional media + social media best practices for internal team members and clients
- Work closely with team members to develop all content needed to fulfill event communication plans and contractual agreements
- Manage any paid or unpaid online advertising campaigns via Google AdWords, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications
- At least three years of professional content generation/copywriting + digital marketing experience
- At least two years of experience in working in public relations with local and/or national media
- Superior written and verbal communication skills are essential, as well as demonstrated experience in social media strategy + execution + reporting
- Prior work in the hospitality and/or event industry is preferred, but not required
- Social media savvy on platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn + YouTube
- Certified in Google AdWords + Google Analytics
- Experience in using an integrated social media management software like Gain + Agorapulse + Hootsuite, etc.
- Knowledge and use of email marketing software like Mailchimp + Constant Contact
- Strong proficiency in G Suite + MS Office + DropBox
- Experience in project management applications like Asana + Trello + Basecamp
- Highly organized with ability to multitask and manage various projects at once
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
- Self-starter with proven experience to prioritize and execute successful communication plans
- Must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle driver’s license + automobile insurance
- Willingness to travel
This is a full-time in-office position headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Competitive salary + benefits that include health insurance + paid time off (PTO) + incentives for new client acquisition + 401(K) + other exciting offerings!
To considered for this position, qualified #DreamBuilders should send their portfolio of social posts, press releases and additional compositions, resume and cover letter to: Hello@TheEventCompanySD.com.